Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We are bound together


What I have learned, did not happen in the vastness of a library or reading in Wikipedia. What I’ve learned came through “Being”. From dark and lonely nights, from sick children and from holding up the mountain on my own. My quest for wisdom came through the pain in my heart.

"Your breaking heart makes room for your soul's work to be done".*

Everyone would like to learn easily but it is not the way of the Universe. We try to teach our children lessons without them suffering, but they will not grow with the confidence of success unless they too struggle as we did. We tell them, try this, try that, it will be so much easier for you than it was for me. But they do not listen because we all know that we must find our own specific lesson to growth.

As Caroline Myss says " At the end of the day, my true theology is that all life breathes together, moves together, heals together, and suffers together. How can it be otherwise? The illusion is that we are separate from each other".

We are bound together.

Portland, Oregon
* this is a quote from a much longer piece about Betrayal. It is something I kept from a long time ago but I have no recollection as to where I read this. If you know what these words are from, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment