Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Checking it off your list

I am the first one to admit that I am the proverbial list maker. 

I make lists and have immense satisfaction in crossing things off. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and of moving ahead. I feel good when I can see that I have spent my time doing something worthwhile.  I have even been known to “add” something else that I didn’t anticipate doing that day to my list, just for the pleasure of crossing it off! (Yes, this could be a little nutty.)

I’m not sure how I survived in a world prior to post-it notes. I use them often, I like the way they help me un-clutter my brain and stay organized. I have been asked by friends and colleagues over the years to share my “system” with them. What system, I say? Lists and colours just click in my brain and make sense to me.

We all have some process, some steps we do to keep us organized. Granted that tips picked up from others can always be helpful and incorporated into our individual methods, but we will always do what comes naturally. The things that make us feel like we have some degree of control.

So my question to you is: Why is it that someone like me who thrives on making lists, does not put on my list “write on blog regularly”?

No comments:

Post a Comment