Thursday, November 8, 2018

Today is About Promises

Today is About Promises  day #8 – miniNaNoWriMo

Do you remember promising something with your fingers crossed behind your back? As if that little act dispensed you from telling the truth?

We might stop with that practise but somehow we have been known to make a promise that we have absolutely no intention on keeping. Perhaps, it’s about writing every day for NaNoWriMo or saying to someone that “we must get together for coffee”. Little and big strings of words. However, we try only until it gets difficult.

We give ourselves the excuse that we really tried…but... things happened, work got busy, I got the flu or a myriad of other reasons. We try but often not hard enough. Or we had no honest commitment  whatsoever of fulfilling our words. And that’s where Today is About Promises comes from because we cannot tell what is going to happen tomorrow but we still have to promise.

We don’t know about hurricanes, or job loss, illness or a tree falling through our roof, smashing the ceiling onto your computer.

Today is About Promises
Today, I get married. 

You might wonder why I am sitting here sending you these words on such a busy day. I can do this thanks to a wonderful thing called “schedule” which proved to be a mighty handy tool for me this week. But you see, I'm trying hard to write every day this month because I promised you.

More importantly, today I will promise my heart. Because I have the best intentions, I’ve learned that to be more we need to give more. Now I have the faith to trust that we do deserve the best.

We can never anticipate what Life will bring us even when it brings good surprises. All we can do is make the promise For Today and For More, no fingers crossed, and do the best that we can. 



No comments:

Post a Comment