Thursday, September 17, 2020

this way to Charming

Clay Morrow keeps popping into my dreams. His presence shakes me awake and makes me wonder why my choices of entertainment have become rather odd these days. The relaxed, zen-like me disappeared somewhere during season 4.

 



In any given week, I've spent too much time with the Sons, and then veered totally from that path and enjoyed a Hallmark romantic movie. I've changed eras, gone back and forth in time, jumped when startled, cringed when necessary, and giggled at the nonsensical. I also admit, that I've done a lot of talking to myself while watching this wide array of 'entertainment'.

You too might be surprising yourself of late. I met with a friend the other day who used some colourful @#4% language that I've never heard her use before. She said that she noticed that her vocabulary had changed too, and was quite enjoying saying these words, usually behind her mask while grocery shopping.

I have given in to reading my book in the middle of the day, something I used to reserve for the last hour while unwinding before falling asleep. And have even taken a tea back to my bed, to sit and read on a few mornings. A much more graceful entry into a new day, what with being up with Clay so frequently. (Tweet This) 

Honestly folks, I don't like his character one tiny bit.

No one really cares, do they? We've each found some silly thing to succumb to that brings us a little pleasure. (Tweet This) Or deflects from our sense of frustration. And these days, that's what counts.

Next time, about the book I've just finished by Saleema Nawaz.

Now tell me, have you discovered something new or old that gives you your zen?

 

Stay well, stay safe.


 

 

* Clay Morrow is from Sons of Anarchy, located in Charming - not a show I thought I would binge.

No comments:

Post a Comment