Saturday, January 7, 2012

So many rules for Improving

Relax, but exercise more.
Sleep more, watch TV less.
Drink only on weekends, take the stairs not the elevator.
Don't eat carbs, eat more leafy greens. (and what about chocolate?)
Throw away old, make room for new, but limit your carbon footprint.
Push your yoga limits, but be respectful of your practise.
Increase your running speed, but be aware of shortening your hamstrings.

How confusing it can all be.
So instead, I say:
Simplify.
Be kind, be courteous, be respectful.
Work hard, don't waste.
Smile everyday. Especially the days we don't want to.

And if you're really brave, ask your loved ones for feedback on what you can do to improve.

Somehow, I know that those closest to me would "suggest" that I sit more. They've "hinted" (several times) over the years.

I have spent many decades being the multi-task queen.
This year I will learn to "uni-task".

This year I will focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment