Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Necessary Questions

Some years ago, I was standing in a store on the eve of Valentine’s Day. I had been single for some time, done the online dating scene, a blind date or two, and even went on some 7-minute dates and was looking forward to the next day to devote to Me!

The young retail clerk wished my special someone and I a Happy Valentine's Day. She was crushed when I told her that I did not have a Valentine. She was sad for me! I remember thinking how far I had come, because I could see the humour in her response. “Oh Sweetie, I thought, there are SO many things worse than being alone on Valentine’s Day.”

Here, from the informative and always encouraging Conscious Relationship website are some thoughts for you, whether you are single or in a relationship.
 
Take this Relationship Readiness Quiz from consciousdating.com. ARE you ready?
Just answer "Yes" or "No" to the following questions:
  1. I know what I want in life and in relationship.
  2. I know my requirements in a relationship.
  3. I am happy and successful being single.
  4. I am ready and available for commitment.
  5. I am satisfied with my work and career.
  6. I am healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
  7. My financial and legal business is handled.
  8. My family relations are functional.
  9. I have effective dating skills
  10. I have effective relationship skills.
Do you notice how these questions center on You and not on the "yet to arrive" other person. Now that's a hard one, isn't it?

It is easier to think of what we want in a relationship than what we can give.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment