Sunday, September 17, 2017

HaHa from the Universe

HaHa from the Universe

The Universe can be a master comic with the tricks it can play on us.

I know that you will understand the days or weeks of busy-ness that can engulf us all. Getting back in to the Fall routine, tires which need replacing, appointments that run late, construction that slows down the drive to work.

We all have our “ohmygoodness” moments when we wonder how we are going to make it until Friday.

When I put my name on the waitlist for this book at my local library, I was number 324, it was January 2017. So when I was advised that I was next in line, you would think that a person would be happy, right? Except the Universe always knows more than we do. Believe me! (And feel free to send me your stories of when the Universe chuckled at you.)



This book arrived into my life at the busiest time of my work year. HaHa from the Universe!

Doing Nothing - A History of Loafers, Loungers, Slackers, and Bums in America.



What was the Universe telling me?

Don’t you love the title of this book? Don’t we all crave to understand this type of behaviour? Does it have some magical sphere surrounding it? Because although, I picked it up last week I have not yet sat down to read more than 10 pages. Has it already started teaching me something just by having it close to me?

What is a person to do when so many wonderful experiences are sitting on our "shelf" for the picking?

How do you choose between getting in a run or going to yoga? Writing your self-imposed 500 words each day or catching episode 24 of Grey’s Anatomy that you recorded last season? Sitting with a cup of tea or cleaning the bathroom? (that was a joke!)

There is some humour here don't you think? 323 people ahead of me took the entire three weeks allotted to them by our city library or maybe forgot that they had the book. Does that mean that they were Loafers, Loungers, Slackers or Bums?

 I’ll let you know what I decide as I make my way through this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment