Friday, September 16, 2016

My Itsy Bitsy Cheque


I received this lovely cheque from my bank a few weeks ago. Each month for the last two years, I would receive a statement for this gargantuan amount. I assumed (like any sane person) that after a period of time some computer would figure out to STOP doing this.

This summer, with a little bit of extra time on my hands, I finally contacted someone at the bank to deal with this. (You understand, right? It was just one of those pesky things that stays on your to-do list until you can't stand it a moment longer.)

I encouraged the young man to put an end to the nonsense. I assured him that I was quite confident that I would survive without it. But he said that he had to send me the amount that the bank owed me.

And then the day arrived and it was all that it should be. A cheque that the bank owed ME!

Here's where you step in. Tell me, have you ever received a smaller cheque?

I'm taking a poll:

Should I spend this cheque "all in one place"? (haha)
Should I just celebrate that the bank will finally stop sending me statements every month?
Should I use this cheque as a bookmark and let the bank continue 'unbalanced"?

What do you think?

What's the smallest cheque you've ever received? And what did you do with it? (Click to Tweet)



No comments:

Post a Comment