Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Over Half Done



"I was half way to the bottom
When you threw me that line
And I'll quote you now, verbatim
Get your head out of your own behind"

I've been reading a lot about adversity these days, how one person can shake it off and another is buried in worry and despair.

Just like you, I have friends and family who have endured some pretty awful things. And yes, they are good people, it happens to them too, and they don't like it, weren't expecting it, but they accept it. Somehow, they have been able to piece together their disappointments and sorrows and still smile.

We all feel blue sometimes. We all want to throw out our dreams, say I'm just too old/tired/sad and worn-out. I'm bored with my life but I don't have the ability/skills/support that I need. I'm angry/scared and I'm going to take it out on you.

So isn't it a surprise when we see these people around us, bounce back? They were dealt a poor hand in size - too big/too small/never quite right. They were shortchanged with a crazy family/looks/or brains. And yet... they continue.

More than half their life has happened, and they still look forward to their future. They anticipate. They've failed. They've laughed. They've been torn apart with grief.

And yet, they continue.

It's never quite perfect, but that's perfectly fine. (Tweet This)

Over half done but it ain't over yet. (Tweet This)


No comments:

Post a Comment