Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fog

I was admittedly distracted this morning as I made my at an unusual time to an infrequent (thank goodness!) location.

Good health has been a blessing in my life and attending even the pre-appointment for a "procedure" requires some meditation and deep breathing.

And that is how I found myself at a stop light quite oblivious as to how I had gotten there. "Being in the moment" surely does not include putting your car on autopilot. (Although how is it that our cars do sometimes drive themselves to the location we want? Come on, I know you've done it too!)

When I shook my way out of my reverie I saw a white Yaris changing lanes more often than was necessary (slow down buddy), an orange Durango with its hood up at the side of the road (note to self - get gas on the way home) and a cream coloured BMW 325i with an almost-rusted-through passenger side that was probably quite pretty at some point.

The woman beside me was talking over her right shoulder. Her car held at least three children who were badly in need of orthodontic work. "Good luck" I say silently, "there go some of your vacation plans".

And so we all travelled in the same direction for those moments in time, even though our destinations were all quite different. I wonder what each of those drivers thought when they saw me?

No comments:

Post a Comment