Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May Create – Carrot Cupcakes topped with Cream Cheese



There was a time when home baked goodies were a part of my life. Then one day, children who need healthy snacks grow up and you stop doing those things. You hold on to the memories of who you used to be and every once in a while you get the chance to Play! again.

A sample of this goodie crossed my desk and I knew that I had to try it out. A plan was made and fresh carrots bought. Other ingredients gathered, I don’t know about you, but cream cheese doesn’t make it home from the grocery store with me too often. Mostly because it is too tempting and needs a bagel or two. 

15 Carrot Cupcakes
Hand grating the carrots slows you down, you have to be in the moment to finish band-aid free. Such fun, measuring the right amount of nuts (loaded with omega-3 fatty acids) and raisins (because how can you not love them), and trying hard to resist the deliciousness that is swirling in the bowl.

I don’t bake often anymore. We have unfortunately learned to be dictated by Time, and pick up our treats on the way home instead of mixing them on our kitchen counter, instead of sprinkling with flour, and throwing in a dash of something. We've stopped Playing. 

Time is my usual excuse, but I question if there is any greater satisfaction than a successful batch of twelve or more. This is what I learned in May.

Find the Time, pull out your apron, gather these ingredients, turn off your rush and enjoy.

Carrot Cupcakes Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment